The EDO works with environment organisations and community groups to improve State and Federal environmental laws.
Our law reform program aims to improve environmental outcomes by having better State and Federal environmental laws; and support environmental NGOs and the Victorian community in their environmental law reform work.
Our law reform work includes:
- writing law reform submissions;
- publishing reports that analyse the effectiveness of current laws and highlight the need for reform
- engaging with government directly by sitting on working groups, meeting with government officials and presenting our views to Parliamentary committees;
- advising environmental NGOs and community groups on environmental law reform and assisting them to engage in law reform processes;
- monitoring environmental laws to determine whether they are being properly implemented and enforced
- publishing plain english briefing notes for the community explaining new laws or changes to the law;
- holding workshops and seminars to inform the community about changes in environmental law.
If you would like assistance with an environment or planning law reform issue please contact the EDO on (03) 8341 3100.
To see a full list of our submissions and reports go to the Submissions and Reports page.